Students who have the desire and initiative to do well have an opportunity to graduate high school while simultaneously earning up to sixty credits from College of Southern Nevada.
These grades are fully transferable to change to most four-year university*. This is a tremendous advantage. TEC's Benefits include:
- Makes higher education more accessible, affordable, and attractive by bridging the divide between high school and college.
- Utilizes educational dollars and time more effectively by eliminating classes duplicated between high school and college.
- Eliminates time wasted during the junior and senior years of high school and facilitates the transition of motivated students to higher education.
- Provides students with support and guidance from educators through the first two years of college.
- Demonstrates new ways of integrating levels of education to better serve the intellectual and developmental needs of young people.
- Improves HS experience for many students, bringing achievement and challenges.
- Upgrades high school.
- Offers courses not previously (or no longer) available in HS.
- Increases college entrance.
- Increases college success.
- Saves money for students and parents.
- Results in more overall education with less time or money.
The value of the Trinity Early College program is its ability to offer such potential without compromising the memorable high school social experience. Along with the input and direction of the CSN faculty, each class provides a Trinity Master Teacher who is available at all times to offer assistance throughout the class period. This is what Trinity considers a "Wrap Around" system of education which affords each child with a maximum amount academic support.
TEC students are Trinity students first and foremost and are encouraged to participate in any of the extracurricular activities that are offered.